24 Useful Tools For Growth Hackers and Entrepreneurs
We often get asked about various growth tools that we recommend for startups so I thought I’d put this list together. I’m sure there are several I left out so feel free to add recommendations…
1. Usertesting.com — users are provided a set of instructions of pages and flows to go through on your site and provide video feedback on usability, product clarity, navigation and more. Pricing: starts at $49/video
2. Typeform — I recently discovered Typeform. A beautifully designed product that lets you create surveys, add your own branding, is mobile friendly and free. Pricing: free with premium plans
3. Surveymonkey — create and publish online surveys. Pricing: free for up to 100 responses per survey first tier starts at $17/month billed annually ($204)
4. PollDaddy — embed surveys and polls on your website. Pricing: free for personal use, business plans start at $200/month
5. Olark — live chat widget. Pricing: starts at $44/month
Analytics & Dashboards
6. Google Analytics— a free analytics service that tracks website traffic, inbound traffic sources and conversions. Pricing: free
7. Mixpanel — event-based analytics framework. Pricing: free up to 15k data points, first tier starts at $150/month
8. Kissmetrics— person-based analytics platform. Pricing: starts at $150/month
Tip: I’ve found Mixpanel is more useful for engineering-driven teams with a strong analytical background while Kissmetrics is more useful for sales/marketing driven companies
9. Heroku Dataclips — tool used with heroku which allows you to query your database and easily export the results to csv, xls and json for email lists or data analysis. Pricing: free with heroku which is a cloud-based application platform that is free to start but quickly scales up in cost
Tip: Combined with Sendgrid’s newsletter tool with some SQL skills and basic HTML & CSS chops you can analyze cohorts and build entire email drip campaigns with a/b testing all without an engineer
10. Gekoboard — imports all your KPI metrics into a dashboard. Works with Mixpanel, Optimizely, Google analytics and dozens more. Pricing: starts at $17/month
Custom Writing Services
11. Essay writing service reliable writing service with lots of useful information on custom writing
12. Essay pro writing service – an affordable custom writing service.
13. Writemyservice.com – offers all type of written assignments.
14. Custom-essay.net – custom essay writing service with best reviews.
15. Writing Experts – the true writing expert writers.
16. SendGrid— cloud-based email delivery service. Pricing: starts at $9.95/month
17. Mailchimp— email marketing provider. Pricing: free for up to 12,000 emails/month
18. Mailgun— a set of powerful APIs that allow you to send, receive and track email. Pricing: free up to 10,000 emails/month
Optimization & A/B testing
19. Optimizely— a website A/B testing tool and editor. Pricing: starts at $17/month
Tip: integrates with analytics frameworks like Mixpanel, Kissmetrics and Google Analytics which is great for measuring for instance how a sign-up page impacts actions further down the funnel such as purchases or next-day retention
20. Apptimize— an A/B testing framework for iOS and Android. Pricing: starts at $50/month for up to 1 million installs
21. Bitly — is a URL shortener and link tracking service. Pricing: free
Tip: Test different headlines on twitter 1 hour apart with a different URL for the same post
SEO & Web Ranking
22. Moz— analytics and competitive analysis dashboard for inbound marketing & social efforts. Pricing: starts at $99/month
23. Alexa — a free global web traffic ranking service. Pricing: free
24. Ahrefs— provides information on external links, referring domains and IPs, top pages, main anchor text, linked domains, and more. Pricing: $79/month
20. Social Mention— measures brand mentions on blogs, microblogs, images, videos, questions, and bookmarking sites. Pricing: free
21. Topsy— twitter searching with links and images. Pricing: free with premium features for results & alerts
22. Commun.it— a free tool for building engagement on Twitter. Price: free
23. Fanpagekarma— monitor the Facebook fan page growth of you competitors. Pricing: starts at $49/month
24. Appdata— provides leader-board rankings & trends for top Facebook applications. Pricing: Free with a premium features starting at $49/month for detailed reports
There are plenty of tools for Growth Hackers and Entrepreneurs to learn and master. Pick a few that make sense for your company and start building, testing and measuring.
For an excellent comprehensive outline on how to become a customer acquisition expert check out this post by Brian Balfour
Growth Hackathon December 7th
On December 7th and 8th I’m organizing an event called Growth Hack SF. The weekend-long event is similar to a hackathon but for marketers, designers, entrepreneurs as well as engineers. Winners will be chosen based on revenue traction 15 days after the event.